Thursday, January 25, 2018



Hello World!

My pastor recently spoke about why our prayers don’t get answered? My interpretation of what he suggested is getting in the way of our prayers being answered is this; We allow our strongholds and addictions to become the answers to our prayers. And if we don’t let go or overcome these things that seem more life saving than God’s work in us, then we miss out on God's continued Glory in our lives. We block the very blessings that we ask for.


What I have recently learned is that I don’t have a problem with God answering my prayers. He answers them and He delivers them. The problem I have is that when He answers and delivers, I am not ready. I’m not ready for the very things I asked God for because I am often impatient with His process, impatient with His way. I am not ready for His process of elevating my faith to the next level. I am not ready for the new thing God is doing in my life. And When I am not ready for the new thing God is doing, I return to what’s familiar… my strongholds and my addictions. Also known as, What Tenille feels like doing. As my pastor would say, "You put your name there".


My pastor also mentions a primary characteristic of our strongholds being REBELLION. Eureka! This is definitely accurate of me! I am a non-conformist by design. By God’s purpose!


Romans 12:2
Do not be conformed to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.


Often, even when I have quieted my spirit or my voice, I am rebelling against something. I know this about me. When I disagree, I quietly rebel in spirit or I raise a riot with the sound of my voice. I even raise a riot in my soul and rebel against God! Now that's quite a tenacious (stupid), bold (foolish), and arrogant (prideful) spirit! Nonetheless, I rebel. I believe his characteristic to be the strongest in my stronghold (pun intended). It’s such a chronic disposition in me, that I insist to also rebel against myself. I do not even cooperate with myself at times. My spirit wants to rest with God, but my strongholds tell me to keep moving! Which for many of us ultimately means dodging God.



My! What a tangled web we weave! But I do believe we tangled this web trying to avoid being let down. Please. Please. Please. Help me to put my TRUST in YOU GOD!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello World! Have you ever felt that the value of your time was determined by making money or feeling satisfied? Well if you're h...